Triathlete by day; ICU Nurse by Night---Plantpowered Always!! Official Team Green Ambassador

Official Team Green

Official Team Green
Ambassador for Officialteamgreen.com

Friday, September 5, 2014

Dipping My Toes into Juice...Cleansing That Is




Juice cleansing has become a topic talked about more frequently in our society. A day of only juice has always mystified me. I could not imagine consuming only juice for an whole day.  Although, it would be kind of cool to try it, right?  Maybe a sort of challenge. See if I can put mind over matter, or fiber in this case hehe

I made my first green juice while doing The Seasonal Diet's Weekend Cleanse. My SD Weekend Cleanse started off with warm lemon water and then a green juice. Being a complete coffee addict....not having a piping hot pour-over to begin my day kind of scared me. Luckily, the green juice pulled through! Power to the Plants :-) Sarah and Peter made a how-to video about using a blender and nutmylk bag to make a juice. I loaded up my Vitamix and blended all that plant goodness! Next was to Cleanse started off with warm lemon water and then the green juice. Being a complete coffee addict....not having a piping hot pour-over to begin my day kind of scared me. Luckily, the green juice pulled through! Power to the Plants :-) 



The SD Weekend Cleanse went great.  Sarah and Peter did an excellent job setting up the meal-plans (amazing recipes!), had great advice, and introduced a few new things into my life.  Such as Aloe Juice, facial masks, and even oil-pulling.  This weekend challenge was a great introduction to cleansing and a great way to ease into it. Check out this weekend cleanse if you are new and want to start out easy with good direction ;-)
The two homemade juices were super-tasty, and they seemed to give me an immediate energy that I did not expect. Maybe I could do a day of juices!


What are the odds that a new, local juicery would be opening up at the same time that I was thinking of cleansing? Totum Juice offers fresh, unpasteurized, cold-pressed juice made daily from local produce. Now this is what I am talking about. A group of local people, using local produce, to make unbelievably good products. I had to give these guys a shot.


I hoped on their website and began browsing the offerings. Should I try the Hulk? The Rise 'n Shine? Hmm decisions decisions... They all sounded pretty good, but I was unsure of which I would like the most. What do you do when you cannot decide? You get a mixture!  I decided to order their MidTown (Intermediate) Cleanse which included 6 different juices: The Hulk, Rise 'n Shine, 7 Wonders, Jus Beet It, Sweet Greens, and Deep Greens. With my order placed, I patiently waited for my lovely package to arrive. 

I came home one evening and found a package on my porch. It was here. And it was on! Tomorrow marks the day of my very first all juice cleanse. Let's do it 


My Day Cleanse:

0730-Woke up and read
0815-Glass of water 
0845-15 minutes of yoga
09-Glass of warm lemon water
0930-10 more minutes of yoga and 10 of Jai Release Meditation
0950-Glass of water 
1000-Hulk Juice
1015-Shower-time
1045-Left for farmer's market 
1130-Bottle of water
1230-Rise 'n Shine juice 
1330- Bottle of water
1425- 7 Wonders juice at the Coop Grocery 
1530- Bottle of water 
1615- Jus Beet It juice 
1700- 1/2 Glass of water
1815- Sweet Greens juice followed by the Deep Green juice (combo'd these)
2045- 15 minutes of Jai Release Meditation
2100- Lay down for bed 

Each and every one of the Totum Juices were outstanding!  I have tried decided which one was my favorite, but cannot decide. Each time I think I come close to selecting one, I think about a different one and think "actually I think that juice was best, no wait that one".  Genius combination of ingredients. Great work Totum :)

Surprisingly, I did not feel hungry during the day of no "food". I figured I would feel hungry only drinking things throughout the day. I also thought that I would feel out of energy, but not the case at all. I raved with energy after each of the juices!!  Not only did I make it through the day, I blasted through it. This juice cleanse was a great experience and I may do another one in the future.  


I want to give a huge thank you to Totum Juice for providing me with incredible juice. You have now made me a huge juice fan, and I am a proud supporter of the company. 

Check them out at totumjuice.com and get your juice on!! 



1 comment:

  1. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!.
    Omega juicer

    ReplyDelete